Dr. Moul completed a prestigious American Council Graduate Medical Education & American College of Mohs Micrographic Surgery dual accredited fellowship at Scripps Clinic in La Jolla, California under the direction of Dr. Hugh Greenway trained by the originator of the surgery, Dr. Frederic Mohs. She has performed over 7,000 Mohs surgeries and has extensive training and experience in the management of complex skin cancers including basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma,
melanoma, dermatofibrosacroma protuberans, sebaceous carcinoma, and merkel cell carcinoma. Dr. Moul is well trained and experienced in reconstructive surgery including skin flaps and grafts utilized to optimize each patient’s cosmetic outcome. Related nationally recognized publications include her book chapter on “Mohs Micrographic Surgery for Periorbital Skin Cancer” in International Ophthalmology Clinics & “Where is it? The utility of biopsy-site photography”. The complete list of
Dr. Moul’s publications and presentations is below.
Dr. Moul is experienced in Cosmetic Dermatology having utilized over 20 laser modalities and advanced techniques with injectable fillers and neurotoxins: Botox, Dysport, Juvéderm, Perlane, RadiesseÒ, Restylane, Sculptra. Her professional associations and certifications include: Fellow of the American Board of Dermatology, Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology, Fellow of American College of Mohs Surgery, and American Society of Dermatologic Surgery
Dr. Moul was raised on the East Coast and graduated Summa Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Science Degree from Towson State University. She received her Medical Doctorate and completed her Internal Medicine internship at the University of Maryland followed by a two-year Dermatology Clinical Research Fellowship and a three-year Dermatology Residency at Case Western Reserve University. She has contributed to over 20 dermatology clinical trials resulting in multiple publications in
peer-reviewed journals and presentations at national meetings. Dr. Moul wrote, developed, investigated and published two original clinical trials on Psoriasis and Atopic Dermatitis in nationally recognized peer-reviewed journals.
Laguna Beach has been Dr. Moul’s home for the past 8 years and she enjoys spending time with friends and family, walking her dog, the arts, hiking, traveling, and yoga.
- Moul DK, Korman NJ. The Early Signs and Symptoms of Psoriatic Arthritis: The Importance of Early Evaluation and Treatment. Psoriasis Forum. 2005; 11:4-6.
- Korman NJ, Moul DK. Alefacept for the Treatment of Psoriasis: A Review of the Current Literature and Practical Suggestions for Everyday Clinical Use. Semin Cutan Med Surg. 2005; 24:10-8.
- Moul DK, Korman NJ. Severe Hidradenitis Suppurativa Treated with Adalimumab. Arch Derm. 2006;142:1110-2.
- Moul DK, Routhouska SB, Korman NJ. An Open-Label, Single-Center, Dose Escalation Trial of Alefacept for the Treatment of Moderate to Severe Chronic Plaque Psoriasis. J Cutan Med Surg. 2007; 11:132-6.
- Moul DK, Routhouska SB, Robinson M, Korman NJ. An Open-Label, Single-Center, Safety and Efficacy Trial of Alefacept for Adults with Moderate to Severe Inflammatory Atopic Dermatitis. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2008; 58:984-89.
- Moul DK, Chern PL, Shumaker PR, Zelac DE, Greenway HT. Mohs Micrographic Surgery for Periorbital Skin Cancer. Int Ophthalmol Clin. 2009 Fall; 49:111-27.
- Ke M, Moul D, Camouse M, Avram M, Carranza D, Soriano T, Lask G. Where is it? The utility of biopsy-site photography. Dermatol Surg 2010; 36:198-202.
- Moul D, Housman L, Greenway H. Endovenous Laser Treatment of the Greater and Short Saphenous Veins with a 1320 nm Nd: YAG laser: Retrospective Case Series of 1171 Procedures. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2014 Feb;70(2):326-31.
Book An Appointment With Dr. Moul
- Moul DK, Korman NJ. An Open-Label Single Center Study to Assess the Safety and Efficacy of Dose Escalation of Alefacept 15 mg IM for 6 Weeks Followed by 6 Weeks of Alefacept 30 mg IM in Patients with Moderate to Severe Chronic Plaque Psoriasis. Poster Presentation American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting. February 2005.
- Moul DK, Korman NJ. An Open-Label Single Center Dose Escalation Study of Alefacept for the Treatment of Adults with Moderate to Severe Chronic Plaque Psoriasis.
- Poster and Oral Presentation. International Psoriasis Symposium. June 2005.
- Moul DK, Routhouska S, Korman NJ. The Safety and Efficacy of Alefacept Dose Escalation in Patients with Moderate to Severe Plaque Psoriasis: Results of an Open-Label Study of Alefacept 15 mg for 6 Weeks Followed by 30 mg for 6 Weeks. Poster Presentation. American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting. March 2006.
- Moul DK, Routhouska SB, Korman NJ. An Open-Label Study Evaluating the Safety and Efficacy of a 16 Week Treatment Regimen of Alefacept in Adults with Moderate to Severe Atopic Dermatitis. Poster Presentation. American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting. February 2007.
- Ke, M, Moul DK, Camouse M, Avram M, Carranza D, Soriano T, Lask G. Where Is It? The Utility of Biopsy-site Photography. Oral Presentation at the American Society For Dermatologic Surgery Annual Meeting. October 2007.
- Moul DK. Follow-up of the Melanoma Patient: How Often? How Long? Oral Presentation at 19th Annual Cutaneous Malignancy Update. January 2009.
- Ross EV, Moul D, Chern P, Domankevitz Y. Histological and safety evaluation of non-ablative facial skin resurfacing using a novel 1930nm diode laser. American Society for Laser Medicine & Surgery Annual Meeting April 2009.
- Ross EV, Moul DK, Chern P, Domankevitz Y. Non-ablative facial skin resurfacing using a novel 1930nm diode laser. Scripps Clinic Grand Rounds June 10, 2009.
- Moul DK. Advances in Varicose Veins: Endovenous Laser Ablation and Ultrasound Guided Sclerotherapy American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting New Orleans February 2011
- Facial and full body tattoo removal in a patient with porphyria cutanea tarda using the picosecond laser
- Tran, D, Heinrich J, Moul, D. American Society for Dermatologic Surgery Annual Meeting May 2015