During the procedure, excess skin and tissue are trimmed away and the bust line is tightened and lifted. Remaining tissue and the nipples are repositioned to create the most natural-looking results. The procedure takes one or more hours to complete and is often performed in conjunction with breast augmentation.
Risks include temporary bruising and swelling. Nonetheless, a breast lift is considered an extremely safe, effective procedure.
* Results and patient experience may vary.
WHO IS A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR BREAST LIFT SURGERY?
Most women who choose breast lift surgery do so to restore a perkier, more youthful appearance to breasts that have begun to sag from the effects of pregnancy, breastfeeding, significant weight loss, aging, or gravity. You may be a good candidate for a breast lift if:
- Your breasts sag and have lost shape or volume
- Your breasts are pendulous or have a flatter, elongated shape
- Your nipples fall below the breast crease when unsupported
- One breast is lower than the other
- You have enlarged areolas and stretched skin of the breasts
BREAST LIFT TECHNIQUES
At Advanced Skin Care, Dermatology, and Plastic Surgery in Fullerton, our skilled plastic surgeons perform breast lift surgery by making precise incisions in the breast, removing excess tissue and skin, and repositioning the remaining tissue to lift and tighten the breasts. Depending on your unique anatomy and needs, incision placement and technique will fall into one of four categories:
- Crescent Breast Lift: Also known as the periareolar lift, this technique involves a semicircular incision on the top or the bottom of the areola to reposition the nipple and to correct mild sagging. This is the least invasive breast lift technique.
- Donut Breast Lift: This technique uses an incision all the way around the areola for removing a donut-shaped section of breast tissue. It is designed to elevate the nipple to a more youthful, and aesthetic position, and to reduce extra tissue at the bottom of the breast to correct mild sagging.
- Lollipop Breast Lift: The vertical or lollipop breast lift technique is used to correct moderate to severe sagging. The incision goes all the way around the areola and straight down to the breast crease to form a lollipop shape.
- Anchor Breast Lift: The anchor lift is the oldest, most reliable surgical technique to correct severe sagging. It involves an incision around the areola, an incision straight down from the areola to the breast crease, and an incision extending along the breast crease, roughly approximating the shape of an anchor.
We employ advanced techniques to obtain the most aesthetic results in breast lift procedures. In some cases, we may use a surgical scaffold, creating an internal bra to provide long-lasting support for the breasts. The product we use for this purpose is a multifilament, bioengineered scaffold derived from silk that is bioresorbable (can be broken down by the body) over the long term.
PROCEDURES TO COMPLEMENT A BREAST LIFT
When sagging is caused by overly large breasts, some women may choose to have breast reduction surgery in combination with a breast lift. From the other end of the spectrum, women who lack volume may choose breast implants along with a breast lift to make the breasts fuller, rounder, and more plump and youthful in shape.
At ADV in Fullerton and Newport Beach, our board certified plastic surgeons can custom-tailor a breast lift procedure for you. Safety is a priority in our state-of-the-art facility. We take every precaution for our patients and have an impressive 0% infection rate.