If you are at a healthy weight, exercise regularly, and nothing seems to improve the appearance of your thighs, it may be time to discuss this procedure with our team at ADV. We use the most modern surgical techniques, and work to place incisions so they are hidden from view after healing.
A thigh lift does more than just remove excess fat. A thigh lift is more effective, and produces a more dramatic improvement to body contour, as it addresses more than just fat.
The procedure is performed on an outpatient basis. Lifting the inner thighs requires only short incisions extending from the anterior part of the thigh/groin crease around to the buttock crease. Lateral or anterior thigh lifts can be performed as separate procedures for some patients – only a personal consultation will reveal what procedure will create the look you want. The procedure typically involves the following steps:
- Step One: You will be administered an anesthetic so the procedure is comfortable. You may have intravenous or general anesthetic, as advised by your surgeon.
- Step Two: The incisions are placed -- and the areas in which these are placed will vary, based upon the amount of excess fat, tissue, and skin, and the degree of dimpling from cellulite.
- Step Three: The excess fat, tissue, and skin are removed, and the skin tightened to reshape the appearance of your thighs to a more appealing, trimmer contour.
- Step Four: The incisions are closed with various techniques, which may be stitches, skin adhesive, or clips.
After the surgery is complete, the area will be covered with bandages and tiny tubes may be placed to assist in draining excess fluid or blood from the area. You will spend some time recovering from surgery before being allowed to return home. You will need another person, whether a friend or family member, to transport you. Normal healing includes swelling and bruising which subsides over the following weeks. You will be restricted in the activities you can perform, and should ensure you have adequate healing time without the need to go to work or engage in any strenuous physical activity for several weeks. Our surgical team ensures patients have aftercare instructions, which should be followed carefully and completely so that healing proceeds as it should. We monitor your progress as you heal. Any pain can be managed with prescription pain medication in the initial phases.
* Results and patient experience may vary.