The most common side effects of abdominoplasty are bruising and swelling that will typically subside within approximately 10 days.
* Results and patient experience may vary.
At Advanced Skincare in Fullerton, our skilled plastic surgeons can perform full or mini abdominoplasty, depending on the extent of the correction you need. In a full Fullerton tummy tuck, we remove excess skin and tighten the underlying muscles along the abdomen, providing full rejuvenation to the entire area. In a mini tummy tuck, only excess skin below the belly button is addressed, and the underlying musculature is not tightened. Your surgeon will help you determine which is the most appropriate procedure for you so we deliver the best tummy tuck Fullerton has to offer.
WHO IS A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR A TUMMY TUCK?
Many women and men who exercise regularly and eat a healthy diet are still unable to get rid of excess fat, tissue and skin in the belly area. Some women have weakened or separated abdominal muscles after pregnancy. The effects of aging can cause abdominal muscles to become weak and the skin to become loose in both men and women. A tummy tuck procedure can correct these problems.
You may be a good candidate for abdominoplasty if:
- You are in good overall health.
- You have loose, stretched, sagging skin on the abdomen.
- Your abdominal muscles are weak or separated.
- You have gone through pregnancy and childbirth.
- You have lost a significant amount of weight.
- You are not planning on becoming pregnant or losing more weight.
BENEFITS OF A TUMMY TUCK
Abdominoplasty has a number of cosmetic and medical benefits. It can:
- Tighten loose skin and repair weak abdominal muscles after massive weight loss: Although losing significant amounts of excess weight is beneficial to your health, it can leave you with sagging skin and weakened abdominal muscles. Abdominoplasty can correct this problem.
- Restore a flatter belly and remove stretch marks between the belly button and the pubic hair after pregnancy: Childbearing is a rewarding experience, but pregnancy can cause weakened abdominal muscles, loose skin, and stretch marks on the belly. Our Brentwood tummy tuck is often performed as part of a “mommy makeover.”
- Flatten a saggy, bulging belly and tighten loose skin to restore a more youthful appearance: A protruding abdomen and loose skin on the belly can make you look older. Abdominoplasty can help restore a younger look.
- Help you fit into the clothes you love: Dresses and other clothing will look and fit better with a flatter, firmer belly.
- Reduce back pain caused by a heavy belly: Back pain resulting from a heavy belly can be reduced with a tummy tuck for many people.
- Help you lead a more active lifestyle: With a heavy belly out of the way, you can walk, run, and engage in physical activities more easily.
- Reduce stress urinary incontinence (a bladder control problem some women develop after vaginal birth): A slight bladder obstruction is created using soft tissue near the pelvic area during the tummy tuck procedure to help correct this problem.
- Improve abdominal tone and posture: In abdominoplasty, excess skin and fat are removed to flatten the belly and weak muscles are surgically tightened. As “sway back” is associated with weak abdominal muscles, posture may improve noticeably after the procedure.
- Correct and prevent ventral hernia (when the intestine or abdominal tissue breaks through the abdominal wall and forms a sack or pocket): Massive weight loss and surgeries such as C-section and appendectomy can weaken abdominal muscles and lead to ventral hernia. Abdominoplasty may be performed as part of the hernia repair to strengthen abdominal muscles and help prevent recurrence.