In some cases, it can even improve vision impaired by sagging lids. If you are looking for a Fullerton plastic surgeon who is experienced in performing blepharoplasty procedures, schedule an appointment at ADV for arguably the best procedure of blepharoplasty Newport Beach and Newport Beach has to offer.
Our Newport Beach blepharoplasty procedure begins with an incision made along the eyelid. Excess fat and skin are then trimmed away from the eyelid. This outpatient procedure, which typically takes one to three hours, is performed under anesthesia and is considered permanent in many cases, although it will not prevent natural aging.
STEPS OF AN EYELID SURGERY PROCEDURE
At Advanced Skin Care, Dermatology, and Plastic Surgery in Fullerton, we take every necessary precaution in our state-of-the-art facility and have a 0% infection rate. Our board-certified plastic surgeons perform eyelid surgery in the following steps with beautiful, natural-looking results:
- Anesthesia: This step typically involves general anesthesia or intravenous sedation.
- Upper Eyelid Incisions: In eyelid surgery, incision lines are placed so that the scar is well concealed within the natural structures of the eyelid. To correct the upper eyelid, an incision is made within the natural crease to allow for tightening of the muscles, removal or repositioning of fat deposits, and removal of excess skin.
- Lower Eyelid Incisions: For lower eyelid correction, an incision is made just under the lower lash line. Excess skin is removed and fat deposits are removed or repositioned through this incision. An alternative technique is a transconjunctival incision made on the inside of the lower lid to remove or reposition excess fat. No skin is removed with this incision placement.
- Closing: Eyelid surgery incisions are typically closed with sutures or skin glue. When sutures are used, they are removed within a week.
- Results: Eyelid surgery results appear as swelling and bruising subside to reveal a refreshed, more alert, rejuvenated appearance and smoother, better defined eyelids and surrounding area.
BENEFITS OF AN EYELID SURGERY
Eyelid surgery may be performed for both functional and cosmetic purposes. Benefits of this procedure include:
- Fewer fine lines around the eyes:Most patients see significant improvement in the number of lines around the outer corners and lower lids after eyelid surgery, when both the upper and lower lids are lifted.
- Better vision: Heavy drooping of the upper eyelids can be more than a cosmetic concern – it can also obstruct your field of vision. Removing fat deposits and extra skin that cause the upper eyelids to droop can improve your vision as well as your appearance. No more bags under the eyes: Baggy areas under the eyes can give the face a fatigued, less healthy appearance. Lower eyelid surgery can remove bags under the eyes by removing excess tissue and skin.
- More refreshed appearance: Eyelid surgery is one of the most effective ways to make your face appear refreshed and rejuvenated. It also enhances the shape and appearance of your eyes. Contact us today for arguably the best eyelid surgery Newport Beach has to offer.
WHAT RESULTS CAN I EXPECT?
At ADV in Fullerton, Brentwood, and Newport Beach, our plastic surgeons perform eyelid surgery for both functional and cosmetic reasons. After the recovery period, patients can expect natural-looking, long-lasting results, including:
- Fewer fine lines around the eyes
- More refreshed facial appearance
- Enhanced shape and appearance of the eyes
- Dramatic reduction in bags under the eyes
- Lifted upper eyelids for better vision and a more youthful appearance
DOES EYELID SURGERY LEAVE SCARS?
Any surgical incision has an incision line. However, our skilled plastic surgeons place eyelid surgery incisions strategically in the natural folds of the eyelid to minimize visible scarring. Upper eyelid incisions are well concealed within the natural structures, while lower eyelid incisions are placed just under the lower lash line.
As an alternative placement in lower eyelid surgery, a transconjunctival incision may be made on the inside of the lower eyelid, leaving no visible scarring. This surgical approach may be appropriate when no skin is removed and the procedure is performed to remove or reposition excess fat deposits.
AM I A CANDIDATE?
Blepharoplasty is a popular procedure with both functional and cosmetic benefits. A good candidate for eyelid surgery may be a patient who has:
- Loose sagging skin and folds affecting the contours of the upper eyelids
- Impaired vision caused by droopy upper eyelids
- Bags under the eyes
- Puffiness in the eyelids caused by excess fat deposits
- Wrinkles and excess skin in the lower eyelids
- Drooping lower eyelids that expose the whites of the eye below the iris
Our board-certified plastic surgeons perform blepharoplasty on an outpatient basis under general anesthesia or intravenous sedation. You should arrange to have someone drive you home after the procedure.
You can expect to experience some redness and swelling around your incisions after surgery. Some patients also experience tearing and light sensitivity. These symptoms should subside within 10 days after the procedure.
During your recovery, cold compresses can be placed on the eyes to reduce swelling, and eye drops can help prevent dryness. For the first week after surgery, avoid reading, watching television, working on the computer, or any activities that can stress your eyes. Keep your elevated as much as possible during the first few days after surgery.
* Results and patient experience may vary.
COST OF EYELID SURGERY
The cost of eyelid surgery can vary, depending on several factors, including the extent of surgery and the type of anesthesia. According to American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) statistics, the average cost of the eyelid surgery procedure itself nationwide in 2016 was $3,022. Factors affecting the overall cost of eyelid surgery include:
- Surgeon’s fee
- Facility costs
- Anesthesia fees
- Medical testing
- Medication prescriptions