FACE & NECK
The most natural material we have to augment areas of our face and body that are depressed or scarred is our own fat. Originally introduced by one of the world’s most famous liposuction surgeons, Dr. Pierre Fornier, fat transfer has developed into a science. Each dermatologic surgeon combines all of the known effective techniques to give their patients a long-lasting filler correction.
As we age, our face shows signs of fat loss around the eyes, cheeks, and mouth. To replace the lost facial fat we can harvest our own fat from areas of our body where we usually have trouble losing fat. The fat is either harvested on the day of transplantation or at an earlier time. Some advantages of fat transfer over the other filler materials:
- It is our own fat and not some foreign material so it will not be rejected by the body.
- It feels natural and some of each treatment session stays permanently.
- Fat transfer can be combined with liposuction in another body area.
- The ability to harvest and transplant 20-30 times more volume in one session than what is usually used with the more expensive filler materials.
Commonly treated areas for fat transfer include:
- To increase the volume of thinning lips
- Correct facial folds, laugh lines and wrinkles
- Improve facial contour and definition of cheeks, chin, and jaw line
- Fill in acne, traumatic scars, or facial defects
- Under and around the eyes to fill in hollow or sunken eyes
- Fill and lift eyebrows
Fat transfer is a semi-permanent procedure and additional fat can be added at a later date. There is minimal to no downtime and patients can resume normal non-aerobic activities immediately after treatment. There can be some bruising and swelling, which usually disappears within a few days.
*Results and patient experience may vary.