During the rhinoplasty procedure, which is performed under anesthesia, incisions are made along the rims of the nostrils. By placing the incisions inconspicuously, there should be virtually no visible scarring. If the nose is being made smaller, the cartilage is carefully fractured and reset. Depending on the individual, the procedure takes 1-2 hours to complete.
WHO IS A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR RHINOPLASTY?
For patients with realistic expectations, our Brentwood rhinoplasty can produce significant cosmetic improvements. Alterations to nasal structure measuring in micro millimeters can dramatically improve facial appearance. A nose job can also correct structural problems and obstructions to breathing.
THE BEST CANDIDATES FOR NOSE SURGERY ARE:
- At least 14 years old for females and at least 16 for males (when they have completed their growth spurt and are emotionally prepared to make the decision)
- Older patients with a drooping tip or a nose that started to hang
- Men and women who want to change the shape or size of the nose to complement the remaining facial features
- Patients who have a crooked nose, either congenitally or due to trauma
- Patients with anatomical problems, such as a deviated septum, obstructing their airways
- Patients with unsatisfactory results from a previous rhinoplasty, such as collapsed sidewalls, pinched tip, crooked appearance, irregular profile, or too large or an asymmetrical nostril shape
TYPES OF RHINOPLASTY
The two primary types of surgical rhinoplasty involve an open or a closed approach:
Open rhinoplasty is appropriate for a major reshaping of the nose, as this approach gives the surgeon direct visibility and better access. In this procedure, an incision is made along the columella, the vertical strip of soft tissue separating the nostrils. With the open approach to nose surgery, the surgeon can alter and manipulate nasal shape with far more precision and control.
Our skilled plastic surgeons at Advanced Skin Care, Dermatology, and Plastic Surgery can discreetly place and close the incision so that scarring is barely visible after it heals. Our care, skill, and experience give you the best results in rhinoplasty Brentwood, Fullerton and Newport Beach offer.
In closed rhinoplasty, all the incisions are made inside the nostrils, so there is no visible scarring as a result of surgery. The entire procedure is done inside the nose and allows the surgeon to access the bridge and the tip. This approach has the advantages of a quicker procedure, less post-operative swelling, and faster healing. It also allows for better circulation to the skin in the nasal tip, as there is no incision along the columella to disrupt it.
Closed rhinoplasty may be appropriate when certain minor corrections are needed to improve the shape of the nose.
Revision rhinoplasty, which is performed to correct problems with previous nose jobsalt=, may be more complex than primary rhinoplasty. It may be performed as an open or closed procedure, depending on nature the problem and the ease or complexity of correction.
Filler rhinoplasty, also known as a non-surgical nose job, involves the use of injectable fillers to smooth out sharp angles, fill in depressions, or change the angle of the tip for subtle cosmetic improvements. This is an effective but temporary approach for patients who are not ready for surgery.
Nose reshaping is the third most popular cosmetic surgery in the U.S. According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), 223,000 rhinoplasty procedures were performed in the U.S. in a recent year.
RHINOPLASTY IS PERFORMED TO RESHAPE THE NOSE, FOR EITHER MEDICAL OR COSMETIC REASONS. IT CAN:
- Correct a deviated septum or other structural abnormalities so the patient can breathe better
- Straighten a nose that is crooked or off-center
- Shorten or lengthen the nose
- Correct a bump on the bridge of the nose
- Change the shape and size of the nose for better balance and facial symmetry
- Narrow the bridge of the nose
- Reshape the nasal tip
- Reshape the nostrils
- Change the angle between the nose and the upper lip
AT ADV, OUR GOAL IS FOR YOU TO LOOK AND FEEL YOUR BEST.
We address the entire patient, not only the treatment area. In our state-of-the-art facility, we take every precaution for patient safety, and we are proud of our 0% infection rate. Our skilled plastic surgeons and dedicated team serve Fullerton, Newport Beach, and Brentwood. We work together to provide a comfortable patient experience and the most beautiful, natural-looking results in rhinoplasty Fullerton, Newport Beach and Brentwood have to offer.