WHAT IS DERMAPEN?
- Dermapen is a pen-like microneedling device with tiny, electronically controlled, vibrating micro-needles in its tip
- A light serum is placed on the face and the Dermapen device glides over it in a smooth, comfortable manner
- Treatments are precisely controlled to move to a set depth and at a set speed
- The skin heals quickly with a minimum of side effects
- Treatments will stimulate collagen, smooth acne scars, wrinkles and other skin texture problems
- Can be used in all skin types and colors
BENEFITS OF DERMAPEN TREATMENT
- skin tightening, lifting, rejuvenating*
- acne scar remodeling*
- fine wrinkle reduction*
- stretch mark flattening and smoothing*
- traumatic scar remodeling*
- topical numbing cream applied prior to treatment to minimize discomfort
- anti-aging serum is applied during the treatment to enhance effects
- aftercare regimen is prescribed, including recommended sun protection
HOW IT WORKS
Our Fullerton microneedling is the latest trend in anti-aging treatments. Although only recently popularized in America, it has been in use in Europe for decades. Advancement to automated needling is what is new about this treatment.
Microneedling is the latest trend in anti-aging treatments. Although only recently popularized in America, it has been in use in Europe for decades. Advancement to automated needling is what is new about this treatment.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Before a microneedling procedure, the skin is cleaned and a topical anesthetic is applied to ensure a more comfortable treatment. Then a hand-held, pen-like tool with a sterile, disposable needle tip containing tiny, stainless steel needles is used to puncture the skin and create pinpoint wounds. The microneedling pen is moved quickly across the skin in a procedure that typically lasts only 10 to 15 minutes. This stimulates the body to send collagen and elastin to the micro-injuries to repair them.
Tiny columns of trauma in the dermis (the deeper layer of skin) force the body to make collagen to fill and heal them. The new collagen makes the skin tighter and smoother, creating a more youthful appearance. Collagen enhancing serum is applied after the procedure to enhance treatment results.
Microneedling in Newport Beach can be performed with different lengths of needles that pierce the skin. Shorter needle penetration is used to smooth superficial skin and enhance product absorption. Longer needle penetration produces deeper collagen response for treating conditions such as acne scarring.
Most people experience mild redness and slight swelling after treatment, similar to a mild sunburn, and possibly pinpoint bleeding or bruising. These effects should subside within 24 to 48 hours. You may notice a brighter, more radiant appearance of the skin within a few days or weeks. Maximum results will appear several months after treatment.
WHAT CONDITIONS CAN BE TREATED WITH MICRONEEDLING?
At Advanced Skin Care, Dermatology, and Plastic Surgery, we serve Fullerton and Newport Beach, with microneedling procedures to treat a number of skin concerns, including:
- Acne scarring
- Surgical and trauma scarring
- Keloid scarring
- Sun damage
- Lines and wrinkles
- Pore size and skin texture
- Stretch marks
- Skin roughness
- Dull or sluggish skin
Although home devices are available, procedures are best performed by a qualified healthcare practitioner in our Fullerton microneedling medical center for maximum results and to reduce the risk of infection. We take pride in our 0% infection rate at Advanced Skin Care.
* Results and patient experience may vary.