FULL, SHAPELY BREASTS CAN MAKE ANY WOMAN FEEL MORE FEMININE, BEAUTIFUL, AND SELF-ASSURED.
We believe that every woman deserves to love her body; that’s why we have mastered the art of breast augmentation in Newport Beach.
Breast augmentation is a cosmetic procedure designed to increase and enhance the size and shape of a woman’s breasts. The result is a more curvaceous, sexy bust line and a natural, sculpted look. If you are looking for an experienced plastic surgeon in Fullerton or Newport Beach to perform your breast augmentation, be sure to schedule a consultation at ASC Med Center.
BREAST AUGMENTATION PROCEDURE
During this outpatient procedure, saline-filled or silicone-gel-filled implants are carefully inserted either under or above the pectoral muscles. Once the implant is in place, the incision is stitched closed. The procedure is performed under anesthesia and it takes approximately 1 hour to complete.
BREAST AUGMENTATION RECOVERY
During recovery, patients typically experience breast sensitivity, soreness, and swelling. Most side effects subside as breasts heal, usually within 3-6 weeks.
* Results and patient experience may vary.
BREAST IMPLANT OPTIONS SALINE VS. SILICONE
The two basic types of breast implants are saline-filled and silicone gel-filled solid silicone shells. Both have their pros and cons. Which type is best comes down to a matter of preference.
1. SALINE IMPLANTS
Saline breast implants are filled with sterile saline water. This type of implant has several advantages:
- Incision site options: Saline implants are filled with saline solution after they are placed in the implant procedure. This means smaller incisions and the option to use any incision site, including under the arms. Incision options are more limited with silicone implants.
- Natural solution: Natural saline solution can be safely absorbed by the body if a leak or rupture should occur. Some women are more comfortable knowing this, although studies have shown that both types of implants are safe.
- Adjustable size: As saline implants are inserted as empty shells and filled with saline solution once they are in place, our breast augmentation surgeons at Advanced Skin Care, Dermatology, and Plastic Surgery are able to make minor adjustments in the size of the implants after they are in place to help patients achieve an ideal breast size.
- Leak detection: Our Fullerton breast implants are designed to be durable, but if a leak or rupture should occur, it will be immediately noticeable with saline implants. This makes it possible to quickly address and correct the problem.
- Newer saline implants are now available that are more structured, and produce a more natural feel than earlier generations.
The main disadvantage of saline implants is that typically, they do look or feel as natural as silicone implants, although newer versions are superior to those produced in the past. Saline implants tend to make the breasts appear rounder in shape and feel firmer than natural breasts, while silicone implants are closer to a natural shape, weight, and feel.
2. SILICONE IMPLANTS
The chief advantages of silicone gel implants are aesthetic:
- They look and feel soft and natural and cannot be distinguished from natural breasts in many cases.
- Less rippling and wrinkling occurs with silicone implants than with saline implants. These implants can be placed over the muscle in women with modest breast tissue without sacrificing aesthetics.
- Less risk of downward displacement due to gravity, as silicone is lighter than saline solution.
Silicone implants also have certain “cons”:
- They require longer incisions, as they are pre-filled by the manufacturer, and there are fewer incision options than with saline implants.
- If they rupture, it is silently – there is no immediate outward sign that a rupture has occurred. For this reason, the FDA recommends regular MRIs for women with silicone breast implants.
HOW BREAST AUGMENTATION SURGERY IS PERFORMED
Breast augmentation surgery is performed by making small incisions in one of the four following locations:
- Under the breast fold
- Around the areola
- Inside the belly button
- Inside the armpit
Around the areola is the most commonly used incision site because it provides direct access to the breasts as well a natural border to disguise incision scars and can be used for any future breast surgery, such as a breast lift.
A pocket is made surgically under or above the muscle. Implant placement under the muscle results in a more natural look and feel and decreases the risk of infection and capsular contracture. A saline or silicone breast implant is carefully placed in the pocket (saline implants are then filled with sterile salt water), and the layers of breast tissue are meticulously closed.
DETERMINING THE RIGHT BREAST IMPLANT SIZE
Several factors come into play in determining the size of the implants to use in your breast augmentation procedure, including personal preference and body type. Generally, a larger implant size can be used on a patient who has sufficient excess skin or whose breast volume has decreased significantly.
Choosing the size of your implants is an important decision. If you are ready for a consultation, our knowledgeable plastic surgeon at ADV in Fullerton can discuss your options and help you determine the ideal implant size and shape to suit your anatomy, provide a balanced look, and achieve your personal aesthetic goals. Schedule a consultation for arguably the best Breast Augmentation Newport Beach has to offer.