Exposure to the sun, weight fluctuation and the natural aging process makes skin loosen and sag, resulting in wrinkles and jowls. The muscles on the neck can slacken and cause one to look years older than they are. Fortunately, a facelift in Fullerton from our ADV surgeons can provide facial rejuvenation that is natural, conservative, and tailored just for you.
ADVANCES IN FACELIFT TECHNOLOGY
The facelift procedure has been around for decades and has been performed on millions of patients. In the early days of the procedure’s popularity, facelift results were not always natural-looking. Thanks to advances in technology, a facelift today can provide beautiful, natural-looking results with less downtime.
In earlier facelift techniques, the skin was pulled backwards to make it tighter, which sometimes produced results that looked “worked on.” Cutting-edge surgical techniques today lift the skin nearly vertically. This is an ideal approach, as the effects of gravity and aging can pull the face downward, causing sagging, wrinkles, and folds.
Surrounded by the forehead above and the neck below, the face consists of three sections for treatment purposes:
- Upper face, which includes the brow and the upper eyelids
- Mid-face, which includes the lower eyelids, the cheeks, and the nose
- Lower face, which extends from below the nose to the end of the chin
A modern Newport Beach facelift procedure is a composite using the best components of other surgical techniques. Grooves and wrinkles on the forehead can be treated with tiny incisions, well hidden in the hairline, through which the skin is gently lifted with the use of a scope (a wand with a camera attached). Tumescent techniques (injections of fluids containing lidocaine and epinephrine) are used to separate tissues and remove fat deposits more quickly and easily, with minimal trauma to the tissues.
Facelift today can be performed with fewer and smaller incisions for a less invasive procedure with a faster recovery. Tissue glue is often used instead of, or in addition to, sutures to provide enhanced reinforcement and allow the patient to be bandage-free and return to normal activities sooner. With improved closing techniques and discreet placement, incision lines are barely noticeable.
WHO IS A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR A FACELIFT?
Our Fullerton facelift surgery is designed to rejuvenate facial appearance and help you age more gracefully in the future. To find out if you are a good candidate, schedule a personal consultation with a knowledgeable plastic surgeon at Advanced Skin Care, Dermatology, and Plastic Surgery in Fullerton or Newport Beach.
Factors we will consider to determine if a facelift is appropriate for you include:
- Overall health:General health should be good, with no major medical conditions.
- Skin elasticity:For optimal results, the skin should retain some elasticity and flexibility. Facelift surgery involves stretching to lift sagging skin and remove deep wrinkles.
- Bone structure:Well-defined underlying bone structure provides support for meticulous surgical alterations in a facelift procedure.
- Loose skin:Excess skin on the face and neck are removed in facelift surgery, after which the skin is tightened to help reduce the appearance of lines, wrinkles and creases.
Age is not the deciding factor for a facelift, but rather skin condition and overall health. Most patients who have this surgery are between the ages of 40 and 70, but many older people can also benefit from the procedure. We will evaluate your skin quality and medical history to determine if this treatment is appropriate for you.
Plastic surgeons recommend you consider a facelift to improve the appearance of your face. However, sometimes, due to medical or personal reasons, you may not wish to go under the knife. In these cases, a mini-facelift is the best way to achieve a youthful and beautiful face.
At the Advanced Skincare MedCenter, our team has extensive experience in providing a wide range of cosmetic and medical dermatological solutions. Our team of highly-experienced surgeons has spent a large part of their careers specializing in surgeries like the mini-facelift procedure. Their artistry and knowledge ensure that you are provided the most natural-looking results.
A mini-facelift targets and lifts only specific segments of the face, as opposed to a full facelift, where the entire face is lifted. The surgery happens in two parts and often on two separate days, as individual surgeries.
The Anterior Facelift:This is where the top part of the face is lifted. The skin is incised from the ear and towards the hairline. The incision is made upwards towards the forehead, the sagging muscles are resected, and the skin is pulled back, tightened and stitched.
The Posterior Facelift:Here, the bottom part of the face is lifted. The procedure is similar to the anterior facelift, with only one difference. The incision is made from near the ear and towards the jawline. The areas near the neck and jowls are treated here.
BENEFITS OF A FACELIFT
The face plays an important role in a person’s identity. A face that appears haggard, tired, and worn can take a toll on your self- confidence and self-image. Modern facelift surgical techniques can help restore a natural, more youthful appearance that better reflects who you really are.
Our facelift surgery can help turn back the clock with benefits that include:
- Tighter facial muscles: The underlying structures of the face can weaken and sag with aging. Our plastic surgeons tighten and improve the underlying structures before repairing loose skin to create less tension on the skin for longer-lasting results.
- Loose skin repaired: Sagging excess skin is carefully trimmed and tightened (never over-tightened) to remove wrinkles and rejuvenate facial appearance.
- Improved facial contours: Using state-of-the-art techniques, our plastic surgeons can help restore a smoother look to the lower eyelids and cheeks, eliminate jowls, create a more attractive jawline, and smooth out the neck area.
At Advanced Skin Care in Fullerton, we take every precaution to ensure patient safety, and we have a 0% infection rate as a result. Our entire team is dedicated to ensuring that your treatment experience is comfortable, warm, and seamless.